Monday, January 11, 2010

Almost Crafty

I am NOT a scrapbooker, but when I saw a Cricut machine for about 60% off, I bought it for Bruce to give me for Christmas (when you know what you want, grab it, especially at 6:30 AM on "Black Friday!"). So far I have cut out some vinyl letters for a friend's picture frame, made some captions for the missionary board at Seminary and put together the fun birth announcements from the newspaper (pictured below).

I had intended to just mount these on cardstock and laminate them, but the new cutting machine could help make them cute. In theory these were easy projects:
  1. Cut out the name and shapes on the Cricut.
  2. Glue them on cardstock.
  3. Glue the newspaper clipping.
  4. Trim up the whole thing.
  5. Laminate and cut it out again.
It would have been fast if the letters weren't so small! Now that I see a magnified version, some of the letters are crooked! Darn! These were hard to attach. The largest letters are 1 inch tall while the shortest are less than 1/3 of an inch.

Can't wait to give these to the families!




2 comments:

Kate said...

Fun! I've decided I need me a laminator. Just think of all the things I could make shiny, smooth, and waterproof! Do you have one of your own?

Allison and Bruce said...

I do have my own laminator. It was my cyber Monday purchase two years ago on Joann.com. I think it was $25.00. Lots of fun!