We considered several itineraries and finally decided that Kathryn would drive. Kathryn, her sister-in-law, Lona, and I loaded up her car (and I DO mean LOADED) with our bit of luggage and lots of stuff for each of our children that we would see on our trip.
We began our trip on Tuesday, April 28th in the early afternoon. Of course, it was April, so we hit snow on Cabbage Hill. It did little more than make everything beautiful, since it wasn't sticking to the road (oh, it kind of freaked Kathryn out). The snow cleared up soon after we left the summit of the Blue Mountains and it was smooth driving to the Boise area. Lona's son and family live to the west of Boise. We stayed with them for the night (and unloaded some of the stuff in the car).
The next morning headed off to Salt Lake City. Our plan was to drive to the Salt Lake Airport and pick up another of Kathryn's Sisters-in-law, Kim, from Florida. We were running a little late, so one of Lona's daughters (who lives in the SLC area) drove to the airport to get Kim and then met us at the Lion House Pantry near Temple Square. While we were waiting for them to arrive at the restaurant (about ten minutes) I took the opportunity to get some pictures of the beautiful flowers that were blooming all over the square.
This tulip is my favorite of all the ones I saw...and I saw a lot!!!
The Church Office Building. This is where I send a lot of my work reports.
There was a cool reflection of the Church Office Building Across South Temple Street. You can see the Lion House on the left.
No comments:
Post a Comment